Do your gloves fit you correctly?
“Do your gloves fit you correctly?” the old expression goes. Conversely, if the glove doesn’t fit, you probably shouldn’t wear it.
Of course, surgeons and lab researchers have very specific needs when it comes to gloves that fit like a second skin. But even those whose needs
are less demanding of a glove, have safety and efficiency advantages to gain from a proper fit.
A good glove fit offers
• Greater dexterity when fine finger work is required
• Better visibility of work surface for accuracy and safety
• Increased sensitivity or “feel” of work surface or project material
• Decreased opportunity for snagging on work surface
• Less chance of contact dermatitis or skin irritation due to friction
These are all important considerations for the next time you reach for a pair of disposable gloves.