Hygiene Tips for Food Service Gloves
Are you practicing proper hygiene techniques?
• Wash hands thoroughly before putting on gloves (see below for washing technique).
• When changing tasks, change gloves. This reduces chances of contamination.
• Gloves should be changed frequently to reduce bacteria proliferation.
• Replace gloves when you cough, sneeze or handle hair or clothing.
How to Wash Hands Properly
• Use soap and warm, running water
• Scrub hands for 20 seconds (Sing the Happy Birthday song twice!)
• Wash up both forearms
• Dry thoroughly with paper towels or air dryer
• Use paper towel to turn off faucets and pull open restroom door